How many cards in Uno?
– How many cards do you get in uno?
A prevalent question when it comes to Uno is how many cards do you get in Uno?
The short answer:
- 7 – is how many cards you start with in Uno.
- 112 (108 playing cards and 4 blank Uno cards) is how many cards are in an Uno deck: 112
This article will take a closer look at how many cards are in an Uno deck and what kind of cards are in a deck.
How many cards do you get in uno
So the short answer is that you get 112 cards in total when you buy Uno today. It is worth noting that some older versions of the game will have a different composition of cards with cards. This because the more recent versions come with four blank Uno cards.
Blank uno card
A blank card can be used as:
- Replacement card – If you lose a card from the Uno deck, you can replace it with a blank one.
- A special card – You can write your own house rules on it.
The blank cards can be reused, and you can easily remove what you have written in one game of Uno to the other.
Only your own imagination sets the limit of what you do with your blank card!
But more about the blank card in a minute.
Because now it’s time to look closer at what kind of cards there are.
How many cards are in a uno deck
Now that you know how many cards are in an Uno deck (reminder: there are 112 cards), you probably wonder what kind of cards there are?
How many cards in an uno deck
- 19 Red cards – 0 to 9
- 19 Blue cards – 0 to 9
- 19 Green cards – 0 to 9
- 19 Yellow cards – 0 to 9
- 8 Skip cards – two cards of each color
- 8 Reverse cards – two cards of each color
- 8 Draw cards – two cards of each color
- 8 Black cards – 4 wild cards and 4 Wild Draw 4 cards
- 4 Blank cards (can be used as replacements cards or as special cards that fit your house rules.) For original Uno, you can put them aside.
Most people will be happy with this answer. But if you are a bit geekier (just like we are ?), you are probably not only wondering How many cards are in an Uno deck but how many of each card is in an Uno deck!
That is what we will take a closer look at next.
How many cards in uno of each sort and color?
In an Uno deck, there are four colors, and the Wild cards that are black.
- 25 red cards
- 25 blue cards
- 25 yellow cards
- 25 green cards
- 12 black cards
We can divide the Uno cards into colors and types. A classical Uno deck has these types of cards.
- Number cards
- Draw 2 cards
- Reverse cards
- Skip cards
- Wild cards
- Wild Draw cards
Now let’s take a closer look at how many cards in Uno of each sort and color there are.
How many uno cards in a deck are the numbered cards?
The numbered cards constitute the bulk of the Uno cards in the deck. In total, there are 76 numbered cards in one deck (80 in older versions).
The numbers 1 to 9 are represented by two cards per color and number. Since there are four colors in the game (not counting black), that means that each number of these numbers is represented with 8 cards in total (2 per color x 4 of the colors).
Depending on the version of your Uno (how new or old it is), the number 0 can be represented in the same way, that is 2 times per color, so 8 in total or as in the case with newer Uno cards, it is only represented once per color, so 4 in total. The 4 other “zeros” have been replaced with the blank cards.
That makes the total amount of numbered Uno cards 76 or 80 (depending on if you have 4 or 8 number zeros).
Number cards, a breakdown:
- 0 – 1 card for each color, so 4 in total (some decks will 8 in total)
- 1 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 2 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 3 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 4 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 5 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 6 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 7 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 8 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
- 9 – 2 cards for each color, so 8 in total
How many uno cards in a deck are Special cards?
The special cards are the Skip cards, Reverse cards, and Draw 2 cards, and in an Uno card deck, there are 2 of each card and each color.
That makes it 8 skip cards, 8 Reverse cards, and 8 Draw 2 cards.
- Skip Card (2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green, and 2 blue).
- Reverse Card (2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green, and 2 blue).
- Draw 2 Card (2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green, and 2 blue).
How many cards in uno are Wild cards?
The wild card is the black Uno card that allows you to change the color of the game. A classical Uno deck contains 4 Wild cards.
How many cards in uno are Wild Draw 4 cards?
The best card in the game, the Wild Draw 4 card, forces the next player to draw 4 cards, and the player that played the card can choose the color of the game. But how many cards in Uno are Wild Draw 4 cards?
The same holds true as with the regular Wild cards; there are 4 Wild Draw 4 cards in an Uno deck.
The blank cards
Depending on your version of the game, you might have four blank cards. These have replaced 4 of the “0-cards”.
There you have it, folks, all 112 cards accounted for!
- 4 Blank cards (or four extra zeros)
- 76 Numbered cards
- 24 Special cards
- 4 Wild cards
- 4 Wild Draw 4 cards
Don’t forget to check out our other articles, like the one about the history of Uno, where you will find out when Uno was invented.
Don't Forget to check out our Uno articles!
If you enjoy this article and guide, you might be interested in other versions of Uno. If that is the case, make sure to check out some of our other articles. In our article section, you can find all our articles in one place. You can read more about the Uno attack rules and exciting Uno game with a shooter, or if you are a fan of pixels and Minecraft, the Uno Minecraft rules might be of interest.
But that is far from all our articles; we also have a bunch of other Uno versions like Uno Flip, Dos card game, Uno Stacko, and Uno Spin. But if that is not enough, make sure to check out the Super Mario Uno Rules, Uno Emoji rules, or Uno Dare rules.
You will also find a bunch of articles about different subjects related to the game, like the history of Uno, why the Uno skip card has taken on a life of its own, and about the ancestor game of Uno Crazy Eights. Last but not least don't forget to check out our articles about games similar to Uno, like Phase 10 and Skip-Bo as well. Still there is more so make sure to check out our other articles as well!