Uno Reverse Card
– what does it mean?
You most probably know the Uno reverse card from the game of Uno. But do you know what the Uno reverse card meme means?
In this article:
- What does the reverse card mean in Uno?
- What does the Uno revers card meme mean?
- Other meanings of the card.
- What you probably have missed about the card.
Let’s take a closer look at the Uno reverse card!
In the game
The Uno reverse card might look a bit different depending on your version of the game. However, the thing is certain, you will recognize it by seeing the two arrows going in the opposite direction. For example, this is how our own version of the Uno Minecraft reverse card looks like:
From the rulebook:
- This card reverses the direction of play. Play to the left now passes to the right and vice versa.
- If this card is turned up at the beginning of the play, the player to the right now plays first, and play then goes to the right instead of the left.
- This card may only be played on a matching color or another reverse card.
Does this mean that the reverse card meme means to change direction?
Uno reverse card meme
“Not quite. The Uno reverse card meme is used as a metaphorical term to describe “the ultimate comeback”. Or to put it in terms of the top definition in the Urban dictionary:
The ultimate comeback that NOBODY can resist. It out powers “no u”. *
*Worth noting is that the Uno reverse card can also be interpreted and used as just a “no u” comeback.
For those of you that don’t remember kindergarten, the “no you” (no u) comeback was, and still is a trendy comeback:
Your friend: You are mean!
You: No, YOU are mean!
For a long, long time, this was the comeback of comebacks but have now been dethroned.
- Your friend: You are the worst Uno player in the universe!
- You: *Pull up and place down the Uno reverse card*
- Your friend: *Beaten*
According to knowyourmeme.com, the Uno reverse card meme was defined on April 18th, 2018, as “An upgraded no u” and quickly became popular on Reddit. As of February 2021, the subreddit “UnoReverse” has over 600 members.
In mathematical terms
If you math geeks ? out there we can also put the reverse Uno card it in mathematical terms:
Uno Reverse Card > No U!
If you want to be ready with the ultimate comeback, anytime, do like we do and put the Uno reverse card in your wallet. In that way, you always have a comeback ready!
I love you, Uno reverse card (Other uses
The Uno reverse card can also be used to end the “I love you more” comeback.
- You: I love you, honey bunny!
- Your better half: I love you more!
- You: *Pull up the Uno reverse card*
Your better half should know that nothing can be said to beat that kind of love.
So spread the Uno reverse card, and spread the love!
It’s right in front of your eyes, but you have probably missed it. We are not proud to admit that we did at first.
Just as you thought that the Uno reverse card couldn’t get any better (it is the perfect comeback), the icing on the cake is the fact that the Uno reverse card a great anagram!
For those that don’t know what an anagram is:
Anagram = A word or phrase formed by rearranging the same letters.
In the case of the Uno Reverse Card:
UNO! – NO U!
The perfect finish for the perfect comeback, wouldn’t you say?